An autoimmune disease that affects brain and spinal cord.It affects women more than men and most commonly occurs between the age of 20 and 40.
It is caused by the damage to the mylein sheath,a protective covering that surrounds nerve cells.When this covering is damaged,nerve impulses are slowed down or stopped.
Relapses of this disease,with more severity,can occur in any area of the spinal cord,brain and optic nerve
Due to the damage in any part of the spinal cord or brian,symptoms can b seen in any area of the body.
- Muscular spasms
- loss of balance
- problems in walking
|Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms Sites|
Bowel and Bladder
- stool leakage
- incontinence(urine leakage)
- frequent need to urinate
- double vision
- un-controlable rapid eye movements
- vision loss
- facial pain
- hearing loss
- change in mood & behaviour
no known cure for MS.
On long term basis...
- Interferon & Nitalizumab
- IV Immunoglobulin
- Tizanidine for Muscular Spasm
- Cholinergic drugs to reduce uinary problems
- Anti depressants for altered mood & behaviour
- Amantadine for fatigue.